List:       opensuse-packaging
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-packaging] libcdio-mini will be deleted next week and libcdio major abi change
From:       Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-04-06 13:27:19

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 8:57 AM, Dave Plater <davejplater@gmail.com> wrote:
> Libcdio seems to no longer need it's boot strap package libcdio-mini so I've
> removed it from multimedia:libs and once the vcdimager test suite issue has
> been sorted this change and the major abi changes of the libcdio libraries
> will make their way to factory next week sometime. Most packages that play
> CDs may be affected and also packages that access the` cddb.
> BTW my list emails are coming in now.
>
> Dave

Dave,

I guess you know OBS can tell you which other packages depend on libcdio.

Assuming this is the devel package:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/binaries?package=libcdio&project=multimedia%3Alibs&repository=openSUSE_Factory

Just click on a specific rpm, then scroll down and look at the left
hand column for packages the depend on libcdio.

You get to the above from the package overview page and clicking on a
specific repo.  ie. openSUSE_Factory in this case.

Helpful for finding other packages that will need to be updated.

Greg