List:       opensuse-packaging
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: Clean up abuse usage of obs
From:       Sascha Peilicke <saschpe () gmx ! de>
Date:       2012-03-19 8:47:52

On 03/18/2012 11:55 PM, Malcolm wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Mar 2012 21:35:55 +0100
> Bruno Friedmann <bruno@ioda-net.ch> wrote:
>
>> To maintain our infrastructure in good shape, and enforce our
>> policies I would like to find a way to at least find a way to ask
>> packager to respect those policies
>>
>> The first and big concern is getting blob proprietary software
>> published
>>
>> First target (as the most simple to track) nvidia drivers
>> It's easy to find who as linkpac/branch the nvidia package and forget
>> or modify the build/publish status
>>
>> osc bse x11-video-nvidia
>>
>> Now what could be the next step is to build a really simple script
>> that can extract emails from incriminated project/package osc
>> maintainer -e do that well.
>>
>> Coolo should already have a nice part of his reminder script to send
>> the mail. Is it shareable ?
>>
>> List of projects to warn
>>
>> home:opensuse_zh
>> home:hillwood
>> home:Lord_LT:drivers
>> home:Bumblebee-Project
>>
>> not that much, and put in cc here
>>
>> Any thought about it ?
>>
>> Oh before someone ask me to simply ask a sr delete
>> The package could reside on obs (doesn't contain any proprio blob),
>> but build & publish has to stay off like it is in the base package
>> Then it could be build locally
>>
>> Thanks to get our obs clean!
>>
> Hi
> If I spot a package I normally request a delete, if it doesn't
> disappear or is declined, then a ping on IRC buildservice results in a
> deletion.
Admins also tend to send mails to give maintainers the chance to correct
the issue themselves. However, basically anything found at
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_application_blacklist is
subject for immediate removal (once discovered) and nobody should rely
on any form of reminder.
--
Viele Grüße,
Sascha Peilicke