List:       opensuse-packaging
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-packaging] Need gcc / makefile / autotools help with a new python/C package
From:       Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-02-23 23:15:49

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 7:39 PM, Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@gmail.com> wr=
ote:
>>> If I just need to patch -fPIC on to the end of this rule:
>>>
>>> =A0%.so: %.c
>>> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0$(CC) -shared $(AM_CFLAGS) $(PYTHON_CPPFLAGS)
>>> -I$(top_srcdir)/src/include $(PYTHON_LDFLAGS) -o $@ $? .libs/$*.a
>>> $(PYTHON_EXTRA_LIBS) $(AM_LDFLAGS)
>>

>> No, those are autogenerated by automake, I will send an SR to your proje=
ct
>> .. Im currently cleaning up the mess ^_^
>
> Fantastic.
>
> I'm sure you noticed I had a BuildRequires wrong in my home: project.
>
> It should have been:
> BuildRequires: =A0afflib-devel
> BuildRequires: =A0libewf-devel
>
> I was working locally and just hadn't fixed the typo at OBS I
> submitted without testing.
>
> FYI: I knew that was the wrong place to patch, but it was the only way
> I figured out how to do it. =A0And when you said it was a autotools bug,
> I thought maybe it wasn't such a bad idea after all to just patch the
> intermediary file.
>
> Greg

Christian,

Did you ever make any progress.  I updated the specfile in OBS in a
couple trivial ways so the package in my home now fails the same way
as my local build.

Hopefully that propagated to your copy and you have these 3 lines in
the specfile.

# pyflag is currently looking for afflib.h in /usr/include.  It's in
/usr/include/afflib.  FIX
# BuildRequires:  afflib-devel
BuildRequires:  libewf-devel

Thanks again for looking at this.