List:       opensuse-packaging
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-packaging] Failing patch (only) for SLE_10
From:       Christian Boltz <opensuse () cboltz ! de>
Date:       2012-02-09 22:16:49

Hello,

Am Donnerstag, 9. Februar 2012 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
> On 09.02.2012 11:02, Vitezslav Cizek wrote:
> > Packages for SLE_10 are built with fuzz=0,
> > so the patches must be more accurate to succeed.
> >
> > As Claudio suggests, refresh your patch.
>
> This is true for >= 11.4 too, but I guess the sle10 patch is more
> buggy

I think you are correct with the "more buggy" part ;-)  (You are lucky
that I don't have permissions to report SLE10 bugs *g*)

The problem was that my patch had less context lines than usual, and for
some reason patch didn't like that...

Refreshing the patch solved the issue.

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
> You say our final product doesn't have bugs worth tracking?
No. Your final products are in general known for their bugginess.
This could be a marketing decision to assure your jobs. ;-))
[> Stephan Kulow and Eberhard Mönkeberg in opensuse-factory]