List:       opensuse-packaging
Subject:    [opensuse-packaging] Problems with upgrading a package
From:       Guido Berhoerster <gber () opensuse ! org>
Date:       2011-07-27 10:14:48

Hello,

I've run into a problem with upgrading a package (bnc#705989).
Basically, in the old package
/usr/share/doc/packages/xfce-utils/html/el/images is symlinked to
/usr/share/doc/packages/xfce-utils/html/C/images and in newer
versions that symlink has become a directory itself. In addition,
fdupes now hardlinks two of the files from
/usr/share/doc/packages/xfce-utils/html/C/images to their
corresponding duplicates in
/usr/share/doc/packages/xfce-utils/html/el/images which freaks
out rpm/cpio:

Error: RPM failed: error: unpacking of archive failed on file \
/usr/share/doc/packages/xfce-utils/html/C/images/xfce-mouse.png;4e1f6273: cpio: link \
failed - File exists

Any ideas how to work around this RPM bug? I suppose I could
disable fdupes but I think replacing the symlink with a directory
will still cause problems?
--
Guido Berhoerster