List:       opensuse-packaging
Subject:    [opensuse-packaging] Detailed changes
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () suse ! de>
Date:       2011-07-22 10:39:39

Hi,

As there were some discussions about how detailed the changelog should be,
I repeat what I said before so everyone is on the same page:

Version numbers are per se no information and we want to offer users an easy,
standarized way to find out what changed. But it's not the packager's job to
collect upstream NEWS. So if the upstream project does not offer a summary,
then say so in the .changes file, so also the user knows. If the upstream
project does not provide a summary but a detailed web page, then a link is
fine too.

Greetings, Stephan