List:       opensuse-packaging
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-packaging] New namespace for KDE apps maintained by
From:       Vincent Untz <vuntz () opensuse ! org>
Date:       2011-07-20 6:53:21

Le mardi 19 juillet 2011, à 22:35 +0200, Javier Llorente a écrit :
> Hi everyone,
>
> After some discussion in #opensuse-kde, darix has created the KDE:Apps
> namespace for KDE apps maintained by their upstream, so that they can serve
> fresh packages for all distributions supported by the Build Service (which
> includes openSUSE, SUSE Linux Enterprise, Fedora, RHEL, Debian and Ubuntu).
> As the first to join in, we warmly welcome the kmymoney project!
>
> Got questions? Feel free to contact the openSUSE/KDE Team on the mailing list
> opensuse-kde@opensuse.org or in IRC: #opensuse-kde (irc.freenode.net).

Wouldn't it make more sense to have a namespace not specific to KDE? I
know we kind of host a couple of GNOME apps in the same way in
GNOME:Apps, but I'd think moving everything together would be more
effective in the long term (to send a clear signal to upstream authors
that they're welcome here).

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.