List:       opensuse-packaging
Subject:    [opensuse-packaging] Problem packaging perl-5.10 =?ISO-8859-15?Q?f=FCr_CentOS?=
From:       Grenzlaeufer <grenzlaeufer () gmx ! net>
Date:       2011-07-01 12:56:21

Hallo list,

I am trying to build perl-5.10 für CentOS-5 64-Bit which fails. The
SLES-Version builds correctly. I got the package originally form
"opensuse_11.1-updates". I get several error-messages like these, when I
try to compile:

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
../../lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker/Config.pm line 6.
Compilation failed in require at ../../lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm line 7.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ../../lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm line 7.

Every line which is effected lookes like this:
use ExtUtils::MakeMaker::Config;
use Config ();

It seems that a Perl-Config-Module is missing in CentOS. I am no
Perl-expert, but I am wondering that a perl-module can be missing, when
I try to compile Perl from source.

You can have a look at my package here:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=perl&project=home%3Agrenzlaeufer

Can anyone help to solve the problem?