List:       opensuse-packaging
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-packaging] Packages for sale
From:       Michal Vyskocil <mvyskocil () suse ! cz>
Date:       2010-07-22 12:29:07

On Thursday, July 22, 2010 10:57:51 am oc2pus@arcor.de wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 22. Juli 2010 schrieb Michal Šebeň:
> > in packman repo tuxguitar depends on eclipse-swt-gtk2 package (packman
> > doesn't contain eclipse package itself) :
> > http://packman.links2linux.org/package/eclipse-swt-gtk2
> > but there is a problem here : I checked source rpm-file  of
> > eclipse-swt-gtk2 and I am not sure if we could use this package in our
> > obs, it contains already prepared native libraries ... (but I am not
> > java packager)

Hi guys,

> this package contains the java and native libraries for the swt part of
> eclipse
> %dir %{_libdir}/swt
> %{_libdir}/swt/libswt-atk-gtk-*.so
> %{_libdir}/swt/libswt-awt-gtk-*.so
> %{_libdir}/swt/libswt-cairo-gtk-*.so
> %{_libdir}/swt/libswt-glx-gtk-*.so
> %{_libdir}/swt/libswt-gnome-gtk-*.so
> %{_libdir}/swt/libswt-gtk-*.so
> %{_libdir}/swt/libswt-mozilla-gtk-*.so
> %{_libdir}/swt/libswt-pi-gtk-*.so
> %dir %{_javadir}/swt
> %{_javadir}/swt/swt-gtk-%{version}.jar
>
> and the native libraires are compiled against the actual xulrunner
> packages.
>
> This package is also needed for several ther packman packages
> (azureus/vuze, ...)
>
> > Michal ? what do you think,  could we use eclipse-swt-gtk2 in obs ?

I'd prefer to not maintain any part of eclipse :) And swt tends to have dozens
of strange gtk related bugs I don't want to deal with, sorry Michal.

Looking on Packman package the biggest problem is - it is much more older swt
version than we distributed until now (gtk issues, remember?). And it's not
built from source, it uses the swt.jar, which is still not serious, but
maintenance of binary only Java program is still nothing nice. Maybe the most
doable way would be use existing eclipse.spec, update sources to 3.6 and then
install swt only ...

Regards
Michal Vyskocil