List:       opensuse-packaging
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-packaging] yast2-gtk patch for maintenance release
From:       Atri Bhattacharya <badshah400 () aim ! com>
Date:       2010-07-12 17:21:05

On Mon, 2010-07-12 at 17:00 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't understand: it seems you're saying that
> yast2-gtk-2.21.58.tar.bz2 and yast2-gtk-2.21.64.tar.bz2 are identical.
> If I understand it right, then this is wrong ;-)

Yes, I guessed as much.

> If the solution is really to bump to version 2.21.64, it's better to
> really take the real yast2-gtk-2.21.64.tar.bz2 and not apply any patch
> on top of that.

The only change between versions 2.21.58 and 2.21.64 is the fixing of
the two mentioned bugs, so I think this is what I will do. Thanks.

> Since 11.2, we're okay doing maintenance updates with a new upstream
> version if the changes in the new version make sense.
>
> Btw, since you're trying to do a maintenance update for the first time
> (that's great!), don't hesitate to write down all issues or questions
> you face: we should document solutions and answers to make it easier for
> people to submit updates.

Yes, I will keep adding to my user-page some of the things I learn, so
that I can fall back on them when needed. If there is enough info there
in time to be useful for more people I can make an FAQ page in the wiki
appropriately.

Bye.
--
Atri