List:       opensuse-packaging
Subject:    [opensuse-packaging] Kernel module packaging
From:       "Joop Boonen" <joop_boonen () web ! de>
Date:       2010-04-27 8:03:19

Dear all,

I have a question.

I would like to to build extra modules that aren't build by OBS for the
original distro.

To be more specific. I'm building the qemu for openmoko to make this work
in need for instance the usb gadget. See this link:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Qemu#Setting_up_USB_connection

<quote>
A Linux host with a 2.6 series kernel. The following drivers compiled-in
or in modules: dummy_hcd, gadgetfs, usbnet, cdc_ether.
</quote>

I cant find an example for this case.

As I want to build the modules for the original openSuSE kernels (module
name: usb-(qemu or extra or gadget or ?)-kmp-(xen/desktop/default etc),
I'm wondering what would be the best approach?

Regards,

Joop.