List:       opensuse-packaging
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-packaging] Java program installations
From:       Dirk_Stöcker <opensuse () dstoecker ! de>
Date:       2008-06-24 9:19:45

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008, Michal Vyskocil wrote:

> For the .jar files generally, there's a %{_javahome} (/usr/share/java).

Yes. That's the easy part.

> Some projects has their own directories in %{_javahome}. The rxtx-java
> is different - I've a package (derived from one from Fedora) in
> Java:test and the .so libraries are in /usr/lib64/jvm/java/, but it's
> not a best solution, because this is a symlink to
> the /etc/alternatives, but I'd like to run the jtreg and the rxtx is
> only a build dependency.

And that's exactly the problem I have. Using that symlink invalidates the
package as soon as a new java version is installed. Also I need to have
java-devel as dependency to get the symlink at all.

Probably installing the libs in %{_lib} and the classes in %{_javahome}
would be a better choice. That's why I ask here. I nowhere found a
description how to install such stuff for Java.

The jpackage webpages don't contain ANY helpful information which exceed
the standard "For the .jar files generally, there's a %{_javahome}".

Ciao