List:       opensuse-packaging
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-packaging] Packaging for 10.1 Beta1
From:       Sierk Bornemann <sierkb () gmx ! de>
Date:       2006-02-03 13:11:53

Hi!

What about recent packages of tidy, libtidy, apache2-mod_tidy?
What about fresh new packages of w3c-markup-validator?

For recent SuSE packages and sources of the above programs and
libraries, please have a look at
http://mod-tidy.sourceforge.net/src/
http://mod-tidy.sourceforge.net/release/
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=142791
http://sierkbornemann.de/pub/tools/mod_tidy/,
http://sierkbornemann.de/pub/tools/tidy/,
http://sierkbornemann.de/pub/tools/w3c-markup-validator/

Unfortunately,
http://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/apache/apache2-mod_tidy/ and
http://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/apache/tidy/ don't longer exist.
I would appreciate, if these packages would find (again) their way into
the recent Suse Linux.

BTW: I offer a PRPM package of the W3C Markup Validator for Suse Linux.
After waiting for month, if Suse/OpenSuse is interested in these
packages, I took the decision to offer them on my own website
http://sierkbornemann.de/pub/tools/w3c-markup-validator/. The Validator
dev team appreciates this.
Because I am regulary in contact with the dev team, I have sent a patch
for the recent W3C Validator, respecting that there now exist RPM
packages of the validator also for Suse Linux.
I have had the hope, that I could tell the validator dev team, that
Suse themselves are interested in locating and offering these packages,
but after month of waiting I have no answer from Suse yet.
As a result, with the next forecoming release of
http://validator.w3.org/ (Release 0.7.2), Suse packages will be also
mentioned on http://validator.w3.org/source/ and are pointing to my own
webspace instead to an official Suse resource (as you can preview on
the recent CVS snapshot on http://qa-dev.w3.org/wmvs/0.7/source/).
I would have appreciated, if Suse would have paid any reaction to my
offer concerning the Validator packages.
Concerning the mod_tidy, libtidy and tidy packages, I would appreciate,
if Suse would update them to the most recent release.

Sierk Bornemann

Sierk Bornemann | Hannover | Germany
e-mail:  sierkb@gmx.de