List:       opensuse-packaging
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-packaging] Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA XML)
From:       Karl Eichwalder <ke () suse ! de>
Date:       2005-11-13 17:55:39

> > DITA XML is a topic oriented way of managing documentation. It is a
> > standard driven by IBM and accepted by OASIS. For more info, see
> > http://xml.coverpages.org/dita.html

> You probably had a look at it, so ... how does that affect packaging ?

Obviously I'm hoping in vain that one of our packagers already prepared
a spec file. At least, two spec files are required--one for the schemas
(DTD and RelaxNG) and another one for the tools published at SF.net.

> Maybe wrong list.. ? opensuse-documentation ? :)

First, we want to create DITA packages. Then we can evaluate the
technology and discuss on opensuse-documentation how it compares with
the current docbook approach ;)