List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: What is pulling in *-lang packages?
From:       Stefan Seyfried via openSUSE Factory <factory () lists ! opensuse ! org>
Date:       2024-05-06 16:11:39

Am 06.05.24 um 17:56 schrieb Joe Salmeri:

> Assuming one did 'zypper rloc en_US', I wonder what Yast2 would display
> for the language since "en" by itself is not in the list ???

Yast doesn't seem to care.

I did remove all listed locales (both requested and fallback) with
zypper rloc and it has not changed anything on my system, other than
zypper not wanting to install anyhting *-lang anymore.

I still have lang packages installed for some gui tools, I just
absolutely do not want to have localized cli tools and I do not want
huge lang packages for just occasionally used GUI tools.

"yast2 language" still says "primary language: German"
"locale" as a user still has "LANG=de_DE.utf-8"
--
Stefan Seyfried