List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: [factory] pre-UEFI systems now require additional UEFI+ components???
From:       Joe Salmeri <jmscdba () gmail ! com>
Date:       2024-03-12 22:56:41

On 3/12/24 17:33, Felix Miata wrote:
> Joe Salmeri composed on 2024-03-12 11:00 (UTC-0400):
>
> > One thing I found interesting in your issue is that it wants to install the
> following 3 packages
>
> > sdbootutil                 1+git20240215.cb7e392-1.1
> > sdbootutil-rpm-scriptlets  1+git20240215.cb7e392-1.1
> > systemd-boot               254.9-2.1
> > Those are for switching from grub2 to systemd-boot for your bootloader.   I \
> > suspect TW will switch at some point and know work has been done but have not \
> > seen anything saying that is happening anytime soon.
> > I have been helping a friend debug an issue with their system because they keep \
> > getting some of the systemd-boot components installed after doing a zypper dup \
> > but we have been uanble to determine what is triggering their install as they \
> > have always used grub2 and never installed any of the systemd-boot components. I \
> > wonder if my friends issue is also what you are seeing here with those systemd \
> > components being installed... I've tried looking for requires/recommends that \
> > would trigger it but have not found anything so far.
> I think the connection is perl-bootloader is in process of being phased out, being
> replaced by either
>
> 	suse-module-tools-scriptlets
> and/or
> 	sdbootutil-rpm-scriptlets
>
> and related bootloader rpm-macros packages changes.

Hi Felix,

I have been testing out systemd-boot on a test machine as well as testing switching \
back to grub2.

When I install systemd-boot then it has a conflict and I choose to uninstall \
suse-module-tools-scriptlets and install sdbootutil-rpm-scripts and when I switch \
back to grub2 on the test system then I switch back to suse-module-tools-scriptlets.  \
Both cannot be installed at the same time because of the conflict.

--
Regards,

Joe