List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: Plasma 6 and Wayland from Review of the week 2024/09
From:       Joe Salmeri <jmscdba () gmail ! com>
Date:       2024-03-09 23:48:14

On 3/9/24 08:32, Christophe Marin via openSUSE Factory wrote:
> On samedi 9 mars 2024 13:55:32 CET Neal Gompa wrote:
> > Does that mean you're reverting the upstream default to use Plasma Wayland?
> >
> No.
>
> It means we won't make plasma 6 unusable for users that want/need to use X11.

Good news and thanks for the clarification.

I use TW as a terminal server for multiple similtaneous Remote Desktop users ( using \
xrdp package ).

 From what I've seen/read/found, it does not appear that Remote Desktop works with \
Wayland at this point although I did find some stuff that work is being done.

I also have another server which is headless and using xrdp which has multiple Remote \
Desktop users.

When you try to research the topic it seems many people confuse Remote Desktop with \
Remote Control.

Remote Desktop is multiple remote sessions with different users, Remote Control is \
remote access sharing the desktop session of the currently logged in user.

I cannot switch to wayland until Remote Desktop is supported.

--
Regards,

Joe