List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: slowroll is broken
From:       Adrian =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Schr=F6ter?= <adrian () suse ! de>
Date:       2024-02-29 8:13:35

On Mittwoch, 28. Februar 2024, 20:25:19 CET Bernhard M. Wiedemann wrote:

> On 28/02/2024 17.09, Adrian Schröter wrote:
> > erm, even when you always have the same revision number for the checkin counter,
> > you should still have a different build counter.
> >
> > Are you sure that this is not a different issue here?
>
> here it comes from
> https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service/issues/15079
>
> because I branch a fixed (TW) revision from Factory it gets reset to 1.1

it gets set to CI_CNT 1. But the build counter should still increase
when you rebuild a package which had same version-CI_CNT before.

So, yes, it is a CI_CNT downgrade, but still does not explain why you have
build results with same name.

> that can subsequently get released as Slowroll update and at the time of
> version bump, I sync latest Factory packages where I need to keep the
> i586 part to keep Mesa-32bit and wine-32bit building.

> I also delete some packages and re-branch on next update - that could
> also cause a re-use of checkin+rebuild counters.

Yes, this can cause it. When removing the history it is really lost.

--

Adrian Schroeter <adrian@suse.de>
Build Infrastructure Project Manager

SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH, Frankenstraße 146, 90461 Nürnberg, Germany
(HRB 36809, AG Nürnberg) Geschäftsführer: Ivo Totev