List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: openSUSE Release Engineering meeting 03.01.2024
From:       Simon Lees <sflees () suse ! de>
Date:       2024-01-06 10:28:51

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

[Attachment #4 (text/plain)]

On 1/6/24 02:39, Axel Braun wrote:
> Hello Simon,
>

> Am Freitag, 5. Januar 2024, 12:13:57 CET schrieb Simon Lees:
>

>  > I'll disagree with Axel and say that there could be valid reasons why we
>
>  > as a project would want a different logo and I believe that someone
>
>  > could create a compelling case as to why we as a project should change
>
>  > logo and present that to members.
>

> In fact, you agree.

I don't actually

> To quote myself:
>
>  > Only if there is a certain reason, e.g. because it is burned or the
> scope of your business changes
>

> -> this could be the compelling case!

Well quoting what you said more fully

 > You dont change an identity or brand just for the fun of it. Only if
 > there is a certain reason, e.g. because it is burned or the scope of
 > your business changes
 >
 > I see neither of these reasons for openSUSE

One could argue that the scope of "openSUSE" has moved from just being
the open part of SUSE to being a much more independent open source
project and one way to avoid confusion around this would be to change to
a different logo while keepign the same name as not a full rebrand. I'm
not 100% convinced I agree with this yet but I believe it is the case
being made and that its probably worth taking to the membership to hear
there opinions.

--
Simon Lees (Simotek)                            http://simotek.net

Emergency Update Team                           keybase.io/simotek
SUSE Linux                           Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30

["OpenPGP_signature.asc" (application/pgp-signature)]