List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: Proposal: amend the packaging guidelines for %fillup_only
From:       Dan_Čermák_via_openSUSE_Factory <factory () lists ! opensuse ! or
Date:       2023-08-25 6:29:22

Aaron Puchert <aaronpuchert@alice-dsl.net> writes:

> Am 24.08.23 um 13:06 schrieb Dan Čermák via openSUSE Factory:
>> %files
>> %ghost %config(noreplace) %attr(0600,root,root) /etc/sysconfig/%{name}
>> %dir /etc/sysconfig
>
> Not directly related, but all files in my /etc/sysconfig have mode 0644.
> Are you suggesting to change that?

Hm, I think we should leave the permissions up to the packager. There
are packages where you might put sensitive data into the config file and
hence having it world readable is not a good idea. For other packages it
might be required.

Cheers,

Dan

--
Dan Čermák <dcermak@suse.com>
Software Engineer Development tools

www.suse.com
Geschäftsführer: Ivo Totev, Andrew McDonald, Werner Knoblich
(HRB 36809, AG Nürnberg)