List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: openSUSE Release Engineering meeting 03.05.2023 - MicroOS KDE
From:       Eric Schirra <ecsos () opensuse ! org>
Date:       2023-05-13 8:07:03

Am Mittwoch, 10. Mai 2023, 11:48:33 CEST schrieb Felix Niederwanger:
> On Wed, 2023-05-10 at 10:36 +0200, Eric Schirra wrote:
> > If you remove KDE, then in my opinion the project is dead for most
> > users and
> > they will use another distro, myself included.
>
> Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this resolves around KDE in
> MicroOS, which is clearly marked as ALPHA state.
>
> KDE as Desktop environment in Tumbleweed or other products is not the
> topic here. AFAICS it has never been the question whether KDE remains
> present there. Only for MicroOS.

Well. If I understand it correctly, then ALP / MicroOS should be the successor
of Leap. I'm only talking about Leap here.

Then a very simple question.
Will there be for the successor of Leap, no matter what it will be called, a
KDE surface from the SuseTeam? Yes or No?

PS: Somehow the statements here in the mailing list contradict with those in
Matrix.
I would like to see finally a very clear, simple, understandable statements
about the successor of Leap. And not superficial marketing slogans, but facts,
goals and tasks.
What should it be called, what can it do, what not, what does it have, what
not, what are the differences to the current Leap, technically and especially
for me as a user, what will change for me as a user.

Regards
 Eric