List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: Heads-up: new version of docker-compose heading to Tumbleweed
From:       Johannes Kastl <kastl () b1-systems ! de>
Date:       2022-07-08 12:49:19

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

[Attachment #4 (text/plain)]

Hi Luca,

On 08.07.22 at 08:32 Luca Beltrame wrote:

> Hmm... reading the docs[1] in principle one could do:
>
> docker -H unix:///path/to/podman.socket compose [options]
>
> and like that it may work?
>
> Unfortunately, it is all speculation as I don't have any system where I can test
> this using your packages (without breaking stuff that's running, that is).
>
> [1] https://docs.docker.com/engine/reference/commandline/cli/

Yes, it could work.

But in that case I would rather switch to podman and podman-compose, which
worked fine in my tests (see below).

Rather than having docker and podman installed, but not running the docker
service but only use the executable to talk to podman, which normally does not
have a daemon running and does not expose the socket by default, ...

Kind Regards,
Johannes

P.S.:
There is one exception with podman-compose: If you pipe the output of
"podman-compose ... some command" to a file, you always get four extra lines
with podman versions and stuff like that, which breaks some scripts.
https://github.com/containers/podman-compose/issues/489

--
Johannes Kastl
Linux Consultant & Trainer

B1 Systems GmbH
Osterfeldstraße 7 / 85088 Vohburg
http://www.b1-systems.de
GF: Ralph Dehner
Unternehmenssitz: Vohburg / AG: Ingolstadt,HRB 3537

["OpenPGP_signature.asc" (application/pgp-signature)]