List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: firefox does not start after update to Tumbleweed 20220410
From:       Joe Khamis <joe () khamis ! com ! au>
Date:       2022-04-12 11:54:50

On Tue, 12 Apr 2022 13:01:30 +0200
Berthold Höllmann <berthold-tumbleweed@xn--hllmanns-n4a.de> wrote:

> I updated to Tumbleweed 20220410 today. After reboot firefox crashes
> on every start attempt.

FWIW, I had precisely the same scenario.

Mozilla Firefox would crash repeatedly whereas Brave browser would open.

Other apps where hit and miss. Some would open (Krusader for example),
some wouldn't (Claws Mail).

I resolved it (I think, fingers crossed) by deleting the /etc/fonts
directory.

HTH.

--

joe@khamis.com.au
director | khamis consulting pty. ltd.

--
Message  protected by MailGuard: e-mail anti-virus, anti-spam and content filtering.
https://www.mailguard.com.au