List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: Why iso-codes-lang is required ?
From:       Togan Muftuoglu <toganm () dinamizm ! com>
Date:       2021-12-03 10:11:07

>>>>> "DL/D" == Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar <dimstar@opensuse.org> writes:

DL/D> On Fri, 2021-12-03 at 10:32 +0100, Luca Beltrame wrote:
>> Il 03/12/21 09:27, Togan Muftuoglu ha scritto:
>>
>> > Before I make a bug report, I want to understand the thinking
>>
>> From https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/934377:
>>
>> > iso-codes alone isn't very useful without its translations and causes
>> test failures in some dependent packages (eg: kitinerary).

DL/D> I assume that is an over-generalisation, based on the test suite of one
DL/D> single package that tests translations.

DL/D> Most users, running on English systems, will not ever care for the
DL/D> translations. iso-codes itself is useful without translations in such a
DL/D> system.

DL/D> iso-codes-lang has relevant supplements on the locales, so that users
DL/D> installing in other languages than Enlgish will get it auto-installed.

DL/D> And all that is also the reason why
DL/D> https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/934377 is not accepted yet.

Interesting there is an accepted request

Your comment about request 934377 and accepting 934383 are IMO conflicting eachother