List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Outdated packaging desktop menu categories wiki page
From:       Vojtěch Zeisek <vojtech.zeisek () opensuse ! org>
Date:       2021-11-30 12:17:05

Hello,
<https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Packaging_desktop_menu_categories#Science>
clearly lists category Biology, but <https://build.opensuse.org/package/
live_build_log/home:vojtaeus/bandage/openSUSE_Leap_15.2/x86_64> says
WARNING: Category "Biology" is unknown \! WARNING: it is ignored, until you
registered a Category at opensuse-packaging@opensuse.org .
I wonder if this is reason for packaging failure of
<https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:vojtaeus/bandage> and
<https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:vojtaeus/seaview> (well, it has
also another problem...)
OK, "rpm --eval %suse_update_desktop_file" points to /usr/lib/rpm/
suse_update_desktop_file.sh and this to /usr/lib/rpm/map-desktop-category.sh
There I see "#Education and Science Menu:" and among there Biology. OK, so
should I use "Categories=Education and Science;Biology;" in the desktop file?
"Categories=Science;Biology;" seems wrong, but when I tried
"Categories=Education and Science;Biology;" it also failed, so I don't know
how, which form is correct... Could perhaps someone update the wiki page...?
Sincerely,
V.

--
Vojtěch Zeisek