List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: SOLVED: network issues with 20210920
From:       Mathias Homann <Mathias.Homann () opensuse ! org>
Date:       2021-09-24 5:30:20

Am Freitag, 24. September 2021, 06:15:50 CEST schrieb Luca Beltrame:
> In data giovedì 23 settembre 2021 23:09:48 CEST, Mathias Homann ha scritto:
> > I'm out of my league here, who could help?
>
> Perhaps a stupid question, but do you have firewalld running? In the past,
> some TW upgrades set the firewall into a panic mode, rejecting everything,
> including DHCP (hasn't happened in a while to me, hence I didn't report it
> as a bug).

Yep that was one of the earlier things I thought of, too - but turning
firewalld off doesn't make any difference.
also, whatever it is rejects ONLY dhcp - if I set up a static address the
network works just fine.

At home that would work, I have my hosts setup with predefined ip adresses in
my dhcp server anyways, but next week I gotta go off on a business trip, and
hotel evenings with my laptop without nework don't sound all that great...

Cheers
MH

--
Mathias Homann