List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: RFC: New devel project devel:languages:python:pyqt and deal with different SIP versions
From:       Christophe Giboudeaux <christophe () krop ! fr>
Date:       2021-07-05 14:55:23

On Saturday, 3 July 2021 20:33:27 CEST Ben Greiner wrote:
> Am 07.06.21 um 20:12 schrieb İsmail Dönmez:
>
> > Hi,

> >> Apparently I am alone with the reasoning laid out in this thread back in
> >> February and March, why these packages fit better with Python than with
> >> Qt, but I can accept that. As I said, IMHO the next best thing would be
> >> KDE:Qt:PyQt.
> >
> > I honestly cannot believe the level of bikeshedding going on in this
> > thread, it's just a piece of string, doesn't matter under d:l:p
> > (rightly so, because these are available from PyPi) or KDE:Qt. Just
> > let people do work, instead of blocking them for no good reason.
> >

> > ismail
>

> In the meantime, PyQt6.1.1 and qscintilla 2.13.0 have been released. It
> would be really great to finally get a place where I can submit them.
> Including their build dependencies, such as python-sip6,
> python-pyqt-builder.

I created KDE:Qt:PyQt where you can build PyQt for Leap 15.2, 15.3 and
Tumbleweed.

When everything will be built, please ping an openSUSE Factory maintainer to
add this repo to the devel projects then create changedevel requests.

> - KDE:Qt - The description says it is for Qt4 (sic!)

Looking at the build state, I think I'm going to move everything to KDE:Qt:
4.xx and disable build.

Christophe