List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: Call for testing: Akonadi AppArmor profiles
From:       Christian Boltz <opensuse () cboltz ! de>
Date:       2021-06-29 14:39:08

Hello,

Am Dienstag, 29. Juni 2021, 13:43:22 CEST schrieb AW:
> Am Sonntag, 27. Juni 2021, 15:48:26 CEST schrieb Christian Boltz:
> > since some days, we have a new subpackage akonadi-server-apparmor in
> > Tumbleweed which contains AppArmor profiles for Akonadi.
[...]
> Doesn't work:
[...]
> AW@linux-izun:~> org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Starting up the Akonadi
> Server... (QFileInfo(/usr/lib/postgresql/bin),
> QFileInfo(/usr/lib/postgresql/lib64)) org.kde.pim.akonadiserver:
> Could not start database server!
[...]
> I'm using thre postgresql server.

OK, this means the profiles will need some changes to work with
Postgresql.

Please switch the profiles to complain mode with (as root)
    aa-complain /etc/apparmor.d/*akonadi*

This will allow everything (so Akonadi will work again) and log what
would be denied.

The logging will go into /var/log/audit/audit.log - after using Akonadi
for a while, either open a bugreport and attach audit.log, or sent it to
me by mail (off-list) so that I can fix the profiles.

Regards,

Christian Boltz

PS: Thanks to Vojtěch and Marius for the positive feedback with MariaDB.
    @Marius: Restarting AppArmor is not really needed - the package
    loads the profiles in %post.
--
Just if you wonder: Most of the time, people there are asking questions
about RPMs on download.opensuse.org that are not there any more, because