List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: Please remove the xwayland ("Wayland") and wayland ("Full Wayland")
From:       Ondřej Růžička <o.ruze () email ! cz>
Date:       2021-06-16 20:48:46

Dear everybody involved
As the Plasma 5.22.1 is upon us I would like to ask to ask if there is any consensus \
on removing/changing the discussed "patch"? I have switched to the lessxwl repo after \
Plasma 5.22 arrived and so far it has been very smooth experience (many thanks to \
Fabian for maintaining it) Personally I would support dropping the patch (if I \
understand correctly that this is what the lessxwl-plasma does) From my rather \
                shallow user perspective I see this advantages in the unpatched \
                wayland session:
- lots of stuff runs on wayland which is fast smooth, more secure etcetc (way more \
                than on the "xwayland session" I think)
- apps that don't support wayland run happily under xwayland without me interfering \
(i.e. teams, mailspring - they would not run without me manually setting the env \
variables)

All the best

Ondrej