List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: RFC: New devel project devel:languages:python:pyqt and deal with different SIP versions
From:       Ben Greiner <code () bnavigator ! de>
Date:       2021-06-07 18:06:33

Am 07.06.21 um 19:50 schrieb Jason Craig:
> On 6/7/2021 11:24, Ben Greiner wrote:
>> Am 07.06.21 um 12:48 schrieb Simon Lees:
>>> To me this probably makes slightly more sense then d:l:p:pyqt, d:l:p
>>> has
>>> never contained all our python packages, packages that are mostly
>>> bindings of C / C++ libraries have always tended to live with those
>>> libraries.

>> * Why do we have d:l:p:aws, d:l:p:azure, d:l:p:mailman, d:l:p:numeric
>> and so on? With your reasoning, their complete content should go to
>> Cloud:Tools, server:mail, science, etc.
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong but these subprojects contain Python
> applications not, as Simon specifically talked about, Python bindings
> to C/C++ libraries.
Yes you are correct. But I see no resonable argument why applications
should go into DEVEL:languages:python:* but bindings should not.

> I don't know where SIP should go but it would seem to me that PyQt
> should go with Qt.

Apparently I am alone with the reasoning laid out in this thread back in
February and March, why these packages fit better with Python than with
Qt, but I can accept that. As I said, IMHO the next best thing would be
KDE:Qt:PyQt.

> --
> Jason Craig

Ben