List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: Heads up: UsrMerge impact imminent
From:       Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel () suse ! de>
Date:       2021-06-07 9:43:27

Luca Beltrame wrote:
> In data mercoledì 2 giugno 2021 17:58:32 CEST, Ludwig Nussel ha scritto:
>
>> I wonder how that happened. bash-legacybin requires
>> "this-is-only-for-build-envs" ie cannot be installed outside OBS
>> projects that specifically ignore that dependency via BuildIgnore.
>
> To be frank, I had no idea myself. It only happened on one machine, the others
> were unaffected. For good measure though, I added a lock to the package.
>
> But can it, theoretically, be installed manually?

Yes but you'd have to very explicitly tell zypper to do so:

# zypper in bash-legacybin
Reading installed packages...
Resolving package dependencies...

Problem: nothing provides this-is-only-for-build-envs needed by
bash-legacybin-5.1.4-2.3.x86_64
 Solution 1: do not install bash-legacybin-5.1.4-2.3.x86_64
 Solution 2: break bash-legacybin-5.1.4-2.3.x86_64 by ignoring some of
its dependencies

Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c/d/?] (c):

cu
Ludwig

--
 (o_   Ludwig Nussel