List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: RFC: New devel project devel:languages:python:pyqt and deal with different SIP versions
From:       Ben Greiner <code () bnavigator ! de>
Date:       2021-04-14 12:46:24

Hello,

Am 23.02.21 um 12:04 schrieb Ben Greiner:

>> I generally applaud the idea: if somebody wants to enclose away some
>> set of packages I don't have to care about, it is always a great idea
>> to me. Especially, if she pulls away from my reach some packages from
>> d:l:p which I won't have to care about.
>>
>> The question remains however, whether it should be more d:l:p:pyqt or
>> whether it should be KDE:Qt:Python (or something like that).
>
> Even as d:l:p:pyqt with additional maintainers from KDE your workload
> is lightened, correct? I personally would prefer that over
> KDE:Qt:Python because the KDE:* tree is a labyrinth to me.

If I am not mistaken, everybody seems to be in favor of a new project.
The demo home:bnavigator:pyqt has been ready for about 2 months. Could
the maintainers of d:l:p and KDE(:Qt) please come to an agreement where
to put it and then create the project?

As mentioned before, I would favor devel:languages:python:pyqt. I
volunteer to participate in maintaining the project, but of course it is
at the discretion of the existing maintainers.

Regards,
Ben