List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: Please remove the xwayland ("Wayland") and wayland ("Full Wayland")
From:       "Attila Pinter" <adathor () opensuse ! org>
Date:       2021-03-11 7:31:31

I don't think that any of this conversation should be taken personally. I don't see \
this as a hurtful comment on the work of maintainers who's work we all love and enjoy \
and I understand why the patch is there to begin with and I'm grateful for all the \
work you guys are put in to maintain Plasma on openSUSE. This whole convo is more \
towards bettering the Plasma Wayland situation on openSUSE.

I can only speak for myself when I say that I didn't report issues previously with \
Plasma Wayland because it had pretty bad feedback from other distros as well. Also \
the upstream devs were pretty open about the state of Wayland on Plasma and my \
experience was equally bad. Why report something if it is known? However, in 5.20 and \
lately in 5.21 has been a lot of positive feedback around this, but my personal \
experience did not change for some reason. I still can't launch VSCode or Discord on \
a "Full Wayland" session along with a few other Flatpaks and see some graphical \
glitches. Yes, no X in the background. Anyhow only in the recent days this topic \
around the openSUSE patch lit the bulb in my head - along with a discussion with \
folks involved with Plasma upstream - that this might be the source of the problem.

I personally have very limited amount of time or resources right now to do any kind \
of serious testing and I definitely can't afford a full distro installation for the \
sake of help "proving" that we would be better off at this point without a patched \
experience and be closer to the upstream UX intended by KDE.

However, if Andres finished baking his plasma I'm going to test it and see if the \
situation is indeed that severe where a patch would be required to keep the UX \
satisfactory.