List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: Please remove the xwayland ("Wayland") and wayland ("Full Wayland") sessions as we know them
From:       Luca Beltrame <lbeltrame () kde ! org>
Date:       2021-03-09 20:33:23

In data marted́ 9 marzo 2021 16:47:24 CET, Adrien Glauser ha scritto:
> Fabian, your package diverge from the "pure, unpatched, not reconfigured"
> plasma-workspace produced upstream. *That* upstream package is our test

"Your"? Packages in the KDE repositories are maintained collectively: by
Fabian, Christophe, me, and Antonio. But also anyone is welcome to contribute.

You make it sound like a decision made on a whim: it was instead done
collegially, so to speak.

And it's not the only package where we have different defaults from upstream.
Doing things different from upstream per se is neither a good nor a bad point,
and is precisely what an integrator (such as openSUSE) can do.

--
Luca Beltrame
GPG key ID:  A29D259B