List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: RFC: New devel project devel:languages:python:pyqt and deal with different SIP versions
From:       Simon Lees <sflees () suse ! de>
Date:       2021-02-21 12:42:56

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

Hi,

Firstly Cross posting to factory as there is a chance not everyone who
needs to read this is on packaging@ (more for packaging help and support)

On 2/20/21 6:18 AM, Ben Greiner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> python-sip, python-qt5 and co. have always been kind of a foreign body
> to C++ focused KDE:Qt5. May I propose to create
> devel:languages:python:pyqt and put related packages into that one?
> Maintainers could be python and QT/KDE people together.

Its worth noting that currently python-qt etc is staged and bought up
with each Qt version
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/KDE:Qt:5.15/python-qt5 for
example so how well this change will work with the existing Qt setup I
guess we will have to wait for the KDE/Qt people to answer.

--
Simon Lees (Simotek)                            http://simotek.net

Emergency Update Team                           keybase.io/simotek
SUSE Linux                           Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30

["OpenPGP_signature.asc" (application/pgp-signature)]