List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    New packages: neochat, kquickimageeditor
From:       Luca Beltrame <lbeltrame () kde ! org>
Date:       2021-01-18 21:55:38

Hello,

I have sent two requests (https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/864158 and
https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/864159) for new packages to enter
Tumbleweed.

kquickimageeditor is a series of QtQuick components for basic image editing: a
dependency of the other package I have submitted, neochat.

neochat is a recently released \
(https://carlschwan.eu/2020/12/23/announcing-neochat-1.0-the-kde-matrix-client/) \
client for the Matrix network by KDE,  originally based on the Spectral client. This \
package was co-packaged by  myself and Eric Schirra (we ended up packaging it \
independently and then  merged into one).

Neochat is based on the libQuotient library, a Qt library to build Matrix
clients, which was recently accepted into Tumbleweed.

Notice that neochat, unlike other Matrix clients (like nheko), does not
support end-to-end encryption yet.

--
Luca Beltrame - KDE Forums team
GPG key ID: A29D259B