List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed update to 20200201 removed /etc/services
From:       Bernard Lang <Bernard.Lang () datcha ! net>
Date:       2020-02-22 22:10:35

Hi Thorsten,

> The question is: why is here only "files" and not "files usrfiles"?
> Didn't you apply all updates?
> There should be "files usrfiles" independent of your *.rpmnew file.

As far as I know, I apply all updates, though not always with small time
intervals. I am not sophisticated enough as a user to be fussy about it.  But
I did not know I should look for rpm{new, save} every time (why not include it
in the update procedure, or give a warning message when it has to be done).

Also, I do not understand why I should have "files usrfiles" without having had
to play the rpm{new, save} game sometimes earlier.

And since I am not the only one who had problems, my guess is that many
other people are in the same situation.

Unless I misunderstand your question.

Bernard

  Bernard.Lang@datcha.net     ,_  /\o    \o/     mobile  +33 6 6206 1693