List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-factory] Removal of Python2 from openSUSE Tumbleweed
From:       Todd Rme <toddrme2178 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2020-01-09 17:21:04

On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 4:28 AM Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar
<dimstar@opensuse.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 2020-01-08 at 20:39 +0100, Eric Schirra wrote:
> > Calibre needs python2!!!
> > It is not compatible with python3 now.
>
> Any plans to bring Calibre to the 21st century and into the current
> decade? Python2 is EOL. Riding a dead horse is no fun.

My understanding is that the maintainer really didn't like having to
be forced to deal with unicode and for years was counting on a fork of
python2 to catch on, but that never happened and so he ended up having
to rush at the last minute.