List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-factory] Removal of Python2 from openSUSE Tumbleweed
From:       Eric Schirra <ecsos () opensuse ! org>
Date:       2020-01-09 15:51:44

Am Donnerstag, 9. Januar 2020, 10:26:34 CET schrieb Dominique Leuenberger /
DimStar:
> On Wed, 2020-01-08 at 20:39 +0100, Eric Schirra wrote:
> > Calibre needs python2!!!
> > It is not compatible with python3 now.
>
> Any plans to bring Calibre to the 21st century and into the current
> decade? Python2 is EOL. Riding a dead horse is no fun.

I have pushed latest calibre version for python3 to Documentation:Tools
Request to Factory also done.
But attention, python3 support is beta in calibre.

For Leap no chance, because the latest running version for Leap is 3.48
Many libraries in Leap are to old.

And i can not test calibre in tumbleweed because i use Leap.
Perhaps someone other can test calibre for python3

Regards
 Eric