List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-factory] Removal of Python2 from openSUSE Tumbleweed
From:       Adam Majer <amajer () suse ! de>
Date:       2020-01-09 15:10:01

On 1/9/20 3:13 PM, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:
> Just a sample:
> I am just busy switching the fail2ban package to use py3. Upstream had
> support for it for years - yet our package was never switched.

I agree with this. What I don't agree with is removing the *interpreter*
that we (SUSE) still have to maintain anyway. Not keeping the
*interpreter* in Factory removes the QA feedback from our TW users and
is unnecessary. Just don't accept anything new that BR: python.

And if in the future there is something wrong found with python2, it
could then be easily removed because nothing depends on it anymore.

- Adam

--
Adam Majer - amajer@suse.de
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH