List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-factory] NVidia repository signature failure
From:       stakanov <stakanov () eclipso ! eu>
Date:       2020-01-08 8:55:19

In data martedì 7 gennaio 2020 19:26:01 CET, Todd Rme ha scritto:
> I am getting the following issue with the NVidia repository with YaST2:
>
> An error occurred during repository initialization.
> [NVidia|https://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/tumbleweed] Valid
> metadata not found at specified URL History: - Signature verification
> failed for repomd.xml - Can't provide /repodata/repomd.xml
>
> Has the signature changed or is there another issue?
I can confirm this, but I am getting a slightly other error, that is:
the content of the xml file has been changed after application of the
signature (which can indicate damage or compromised content!)

I would have the following two questions:
1) in general terms, as this is a "third party", do we have to give this kind
of information to opensuse (as here in factory or as a bugreport on bugzilla?)
or shall we forward the information to nvidia?
2) if opensuse is the receiver: a mail like this or a bug report? Which is
more appropriate for such an error

Thank you in advance.