List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    [opensuse-factory] Re: Upstreams dropping python2
From:       Matėj Cepl <mcepl () cepl ! eu>
Date:       2019-06-20 21:31:48

On 2019-04-18, 14:01 GMT, Dirk Müller wrote:
> I would vote for disabling python2 as far as possible as soon
> as possible. If there are difficult issues that require
> a python2 package to stay around, a separate python2 source
> package is imho the best solution as it at least makes it
> obvious where the issues are.

I completely agree.

Moreover, as I have reported previously
(https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2019-04/msg00229.html)
we plan to remove Python 2 from Factory on January 1, 2020, so
all attempts to keep python2-* packages around seems a bit
wasteful.

Best,

Matėj
--
https://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mcepl@ceplovi.cz
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5  BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

A GOOD name is rather to be chosen than great riches.
    -- Proverbs 22:1