List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-factory] Problem with zypper update since ~2weeks in Tumbleweed because grub2 hangs
From:       "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas () telefonica ! net>
Date:       2019-02-27 10:23:07

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

On 26/02/2019 18.11, Tobias Ries wrote:
> Dear Tumbleweed team,
>
> since about 2-3 weeks zypper dup does not work smoothly any more on my
> tumbleweed installation because it calls grub2 and grub2 hangs with 100%
> load on one cpu core.
>
> I found out, that the reason for this is that grub2 fails to mount /
> read / identify a manufacturer partition (of hp) which causes it to hang.
>
> My current workaround is to kill the grub2 process. Then the update
> procedure continues without errors.

A better workaround is probably to disable "probe for other operating
systems" in YaST, but before that, write the bugzilla that Andrei
Borzenkov is asking for :-)

Of course, the side effect will be that grub will not have an entry for
Windows, but you can add one manually (/boot/grub2/custom.cfg).

--
Cheers / Saludos,

		Carlos E. R.
		(from 15.0 x86_64 at Telcontar)