List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-factory] Latest 'zypper up' brings in 'brltty', 'qemu' and ALL dependencies - Why?
From:       Johannes Meixner <jsmeix () suse ! de>
Date:       2019-02-25 9:16:15

Hello,

On Feb 24 15:39 Stefan Seyfried wrote (excerpt):
> Am 24.02.19 um 15:17 schrieb Manfred Hollstein (excerpt):
>
>> The whole "Recommends:" is bad from my point of view;
>> it's nothing than a vehicle that gets used to work-around
>> such additional patterns (or profiles or roles)
>
> Recommends is just not fine grained enough

What exactly should "fine grained Recommends" be
and how exactly would they help - i.e. what exactly
must be specified in the RPM spec file to get things
work as intended - by the way: what is actually intended?

From my current point of view I agree with Manfred Hollstein,
see my reasoning in

https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2018-02/msg00924.html

https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2018-09/msg00182.html

https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2018-09/msg00185.html

https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2018-09/msg00200.html

which is of course too much to read ... ;-)

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)