List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-factory] Timetable information for Leap 15.1
From:       Joachim Wagner <jwagner () computing ! dcu ! ie>
Date:       2018-11-19 11:00:51

> > Why don't you go the whole hog and have a modified version of reCAPTCHA
> > installed which will check to ensure that only Leap users are able to
> > access the Wiki pages?
[...]
> Indeed.
[...]
> External info, coverage, discussion, and opinion are far more valuable.

I don't quite get how this is against the suggestion to close the opensuse
wiki from the public and focus on writing new content for external sites. (Re-
reading my earlier e-mail, I see I didn't make it clear that the wiki would
also be closed for editing by members / only be an archive but I thought
that's clear from context. Also, it should be clear that the suggestion was
not serious but intended to draw attention to the fact that there are a few
wiki pages that need work.)

Anyway, the energy that goes into this thread far exceeds what is needed to
update some of the stale wiki pages. Some other pages are a bit more work and
require expert knowledge. Imho, some pages should be moved into the manual and
those wiki pages should just provide a summary and link to the manual and
other external resources.

I updated https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Roadmap yesterday.

Joachim