List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-factory] FF56 Flash Player - Working on Windows 10 not working on Tumbleweed
From:       Marco Calistri <mcalistri () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2017-10-31 13:25:06

Il 30/10/2017 23:40, Chun Yu Charlie CHAN ha scritto:

> My system: openSUSE Tumbleweed with Firefox 56, Packman repository
> added, everything works fine.

I think your feedback is the more important than others I get from non
FF users, as you are a FF56 user.

> Ignore the pepper thing and the freshplayer. There were several years
> that Adobe had stopped updating flash player for Linux. During the
> time only Chrome for Linux is able to view swf contents.
> This is because Chrome is using their own way to implement Flash -
> Pepper Flash API (PPAPI).

Ok then I suppose if I remove freshplayer and PPAPI (as someone
commented that I could remove, also Chrome will loose SWF contents
capabilities)

> So at that time there was a way to make the newest flash player
> working on Firefox, that is the freshplayer project, which turns the
> PPAPI plugin into the traditional NPAPI which Firefox is using.
>
> However, now Adobe is providing the newest NPAPI flash player for
> Linux again, and you can find it in the Packman repo (just search for
> flash or flashplayer etc. I didn't remember the exact package name).
> That means you don't need the freshplayerplugin and flash-
> player-ppapi packages, just install the original flash player from
> Packman repo and it should work fine.

Are you saying that the Packman flashplayer is better than the official
updated Adobe flashplayer that I have installed on my TW system?

> Regards,
> Charlie

Thanks and regards,

--