List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: *Updated* NVIDIA gfx driver RPMs available for Tumbleweed ...
From:       Stefan Dirsch <sndirsch () suse ! de>
Date:       2017-08-31 13:36:05

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 07:59:08AM +0200, Hadrien Grasland wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just gave the new nvidia GFX driver repo, and wanted to say that it works
> like a charm once the installation preconditions are met!
>
> However, for the benefits of people with bad reading comprehension like me,
> it would be great if future versions of the RPMs could attempt to detect a
> manually installed NVidia driver before installation, and either have it
> uninstalled automagically or have the RPM installation abort with a "please
> remove manually installed driver first" message.

The former has been implemented now via preinstall scriptlet of KMP. Will be
fixed with the next update of the driver RPMs.

Thanks,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.)   SUSE LINUX GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0            Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479          D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de            Germany