List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    [opensuse-factory] Changing GNOME/GTK Python package devel projects to GNOME:Factory
From:       Todd Rme <toddrme2178 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2017-08-14 14:05:39

Most GNOME and GTK-related Python packages have GNOME:Factory as their
devel project.  There are a few, however, that still have
devel:languages:python as their devel project:

python-gnome
python-gnome-extras (recently removed from openSUSE:Factory)
python-gtk
python-gtksourceview
python-webkitgtk

As part of our general reorganization of Python packages, packages
that are of primary interest to a particular toolkit should live in
that toolkit's devel project.  However, the GNOME:Factory versions of
these packages link to the devel:languages:python packages, rather
than the openSUSE:Factory ones. So that means I cannot request a devel
project change myself.

Would it be possible with someone access to GNOME:Factory change the
link target of these five packages there to openSUSE:Factory (or break
the link in the case of python-gnome-extras) and then request a devel
project change for them to GNOME:Factory?

Thank you.