List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-factory] Heads up: llvm3_8 and llvm3_9 going away
From:       Todd Rme <toddrme2178 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2017-04-19 14:25:38

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 7:54 AM, =C4=B0smail D=C3=B6nmez <idoenmez@suse.de>=
 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 19 Apr 13:46, Marc Dietrich wrote:
>> Am Dienstag, 18. April 2017, 14:07:09 CEST schrieb =C4=B0smail D=C3=B6nm=
ez:
>> > Hi!
>> >
>> > Since llvm4 hit the Factory, I'd like to remove llvm3_8 and llvm3_9 (a=
long
>> > with lldb3_8 and lldb3_9) from Factory to lower the maintenance burden=
. Is
>> > there anyone who needs these packages for some reason please speak up =
now.

>> I don't need older versions, but maybe you could keep at least llvm3_9 (=
or the
>> previous version) in order to make the transition easier. I often compil=
e mesa
>> from trunk, and pulling llvm3_9 under its feet makes me feel uncomfortab=
le.

> Sure, we can keep it there for some more time, until 4.1 and such.

Maybe have as a general rule that Factory keeps the current LLVM
version and the immediate previous LLVM version. So now that 4 is out
3.8 will be dropped, 3.9 will be dropped when 4.1 is out, and so on.
Of course if there is a specific need for specific versions those can
be kept on a case-by-case basis.

And I assume the old versions will not be deleted from
devel:tools:compiler as long as they still build, right?