List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-factory] splash not (was: Next snapshot with upd...)
From:       Felix Miata <mrmazda () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2017-01-30 23:13:47

Neil Rickert composed on 2017-01-30 10:16 (UTC-0600):

> I think I'll just keep "nosplash" anyway.

	"nosplash"=""="splash=0"

IOW, default splash is null. Splash is an optional addon. You need splash to get
splash. You need nothing to not get splash.

All that said, Plymouth is a relatively youthful alternative to a very ancient
Linux boot splash, and I don't know that nosplash or splash=0 do not or cannot
function as a Plymouth disabler if Plymouth is installed. My installations
exclude Plymouth.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/